Monday, September 17, 2007

A new womb in the household

This boy is married. I am Mamiyaar. I can finally hold my head high at the Wrinkled Tamil Maami Club. I have a married boy. I have daughter-in-law. Plus, now I shall closely inspect all you prospective Tamizh grooms.

I have great hopes for the daughter-in-law. First of all, she needs to burn something in the kitchen today, so I can place heaps of curses on her entire gothram. Secondly, she needs to do something deeply inauspicious. I can then tell her that her upbringing is inadequate.

Daughter in law does computers. I don't know what that means. But she sits in front of computers all day. Which is good. I don't want her to go about shaking the non-brahmin hands of male colleagues. I hope she has Goddess Lakshmi's photograph on her computer. It will instill great values. Very important for her womb.

8 comments:

Asal Tamil Penn said...

Amma, freeya vidu.

Anonymous said...

Idu enna ma?

Anonymous said...

Besh, ATP blog is alive again!

Some theories:
* Is this a jackpot or what -- a complete Asal Tamizh blogging family.
* Maami is ATP's Other.

Anonymous said...

Ahem. I see 15 hits to my blog from yours and I immediately know that some updates are afoot and ahand.

Anonymous said...

I read this as - New Worm in the household.

Anonymous said...

I sincerely hope you are joking..

Anonymous said...

Is your mom weird ? Or, is this a particularly exaggerated version of a Brahmin MIL you portray ?

Anonymous said...

And Asal Tamil Mamiyaars are not all like that. Which I think you would know.

Why do people like you make so much fun of a culture that is so much more progressive that any other culture ?